View Single Post
Old 27th June 2019, 04:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Just finished this book. I could not put it down. I thought it was awesome and cannot wait for the next volume.
The series will mainly cover the Original Trilogy so that's me sold.

The Star Wars Historical Sourcebook: Volume One: 1971-1976:

51JraWH4plL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

In this unique, multi-volume resource for serious Star Wars fans, historian W.R. Miller presents a complete chronological account of the Star Wars cinematic franchise, from 1971-1990. This first volume covers 1971-1976, with a foreword by Star Wars producer Gary Kurtz.
Part narrative, part oral history, part exhaustive reference, the Star Wars Historical Sourcebook draws upon dozens of interviews with Star Wars cast, crew, and the cadre of supporters who promoted the films, wrote the novelizations, and worked behind-the-scenes with George Lucas to bring a galaxy far, far away to a theatre near you.
Miller includes hundreds of excerpts from books, newspaper articles, and magazines, with annotated references, copious notes, and introductory articles for each year.
For those who want to know everything about how Star Wars was conceived, filmed, and promoted, this is the only book you’ll need.

"This historical sourcebook is an extraordinarily complete work, annotating almost everything that has been written about the original Star Wars Trilogy (now called Episodes 4, 5, and 6). I have personally found this sourcebook very useful for my own research into questions I am asked in interviews. Bob Miller has done a monumental job on this sourcebook and any true Star Wars fan or scholar must have this work in their collection."
— Gary Kurtz, Producer, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back