View Single Post
Old 29th June 2019, 05:49 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Caves Of Androzani – Part 1
The Doctor: I'm sorry I got you into this, Peri.
Peri: It's all right. It wasn't your fault. I mean, it's as much my fault as yours.
The Doctor: Yes, I should never have followed those tracks. Curiosity's always been my downfall. How's your rash, by the way?
Peri: It seems to be coming out in blisters now.
The Doctor: Me too. That fungus obviously had some very toxic properties.
Peri: Well, I don't suppose we'll die of it inside the next hour. (The Doctor looks through the small grill in the door.) Anything interesting?
The Doctor: No. It's like a graveyard.
The Caves Of Androzani – Part 2
Peri: He's mad, Doctor. Utterly mad.
The Doctor: And a raving egoist. Said my mind was nearly the equal of his. Incredible conceit.
The Caves Of Androzani – Part 3
(As the planet grows larger on the monitor, Krelper makes quick work of cutting through the metal door.)
Stotz [OC]: That'll do. (The hole is too hot to go through, but Stotz has a clear shot at the Doctor in the pilot's seat.) All right, snoop. Hands in the air and over here.
The Doctor: Why?
Stotz: Because I'll kill you if you don't.
The Doctor: Not a very persuasive argument actually, Stotz, because I'm going to die soon anyway. Unless, of course
Stotz: I'll give you to a count of three.
The Doctor: Unless, of course, I can find the antidote. I owe it to my friend to try because I got her into this. So you see, I'm not going to let you stop me now!
Stotz: Three!
(As the planet surface fills the screen, the Doctor shuts his eyes.)
The Caves Of Androzani – Part 4
(The Doctor and Peri tumble into the console room. The Doctor closes the doors and sets the Tardis in flight just before more mud geysers burst up through the ground where it had been parked.)
The Doctor: Peri? Peri, can you hear me? Open your mouth. You must drink this. (He pours the remains of the milk into Peri's mouth and drops the vial.) Is this death?
(The Doctor lies on the floor as Peri recovers.)
Peri: Doctor, what's happened?
(She cradles his head in her lap.)
The Doctor: Peri, I see Professor Jackij knew his stuff. Good old Jackij.
Peri: Jackij? You got the bat's milk?
The Doctor: Contains an anti-vesicant, I imagine. Interesting.
Peri: Where is it?
The Doctor: What?
Peri: The bat's milk!
The Doctor: Finished. Only enough for you.
Peri: There must be something I can do. Tell me!
The Doctor: Too late, Peri. Going soon. Time to say goodbye.
Peri: Don't give up. You can't leave me now!
The Doctor: I might regenerate. I don't know. (She lays his head down on the floor.) Feels different this time.
Tegan: What was it you always told me, Doctor? Brave heart? You'll survive, Doctor.
Turlough: You must survive. Too many of your enemies will delight in your death, Doctor.
Kamelion: Turlough speaks the truth, Doctor.
Nyssa: You're needed. You mustn't die, Doctor.
Turlough: Too many enemies would be delighted.
Adric: You know that, Doctor.
Nyssa: You mustn't die, Doctor.
Adric: You know that, Doctor.
The Doctor: Adric?
Nyssa: You mustn't die, Doctor.
The Master: No, my dear Doctor, you must die! Die, Doctor! Die, Doctor. Bwahahahahahaha!
(As the images of his companions and his laughing enemy circle his mind, the Doctor's features change. Back comes the curly hair. Suddenly a slightly older man sits up and looks at his hands.)
Peri: Doctor?
The Doctor: You're expecting someone else?
Peri: I, I, I.
The Doctor: That's three I's in one breath. Makes you sound a rather egotistical young lady.
Peri: What's happened?
The Doctor: Change, my dear. And it seems not a moment too soon.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty