View Single Post
Old 1st July 2019, 09:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Decided to re watch Trial of a Time lord. This is my second time.

2 episodes in and its near perfection. Yes the giant robot isn't as good as say, the robot in Robot, or the robots from Robots of Death, but aside from that I have nothing bad to say. The opening scene of the Space Station abducting the TARDIS is beautiful, as is the introduction to the court room and the court case. It starts out as a mere inquiry, then the Valeyard outright wants him dead, but the Inquisitor is completely non biased with the situation, not taking sides. This is a great scenario and it allows for good drama and for Colin to truly shine as The Doctor (I remember he has some pretty good lines later on as he berates the Time Lords).

Peri and the Doctor in the woods together is so wonderfully written and shot. Its nice to see them getting on now. Glitz and Dibber, especially Glitz, are written very well as well. I could watch them talk for ages. You can see why they bring Glitz back next Season. I've never listened to Big Finish and I don't know the Storylines, but if any exist with Glitz in them, or if any were announced tomorrow, I'd rather listen to that than watch Series 11 again.

The plot, ignoring the courtroom stuff, seems to be kind of like The Krotons, which I didn't like both times I saw it (and written by Robert Holmes as well), but his seems like a huge improvement overall. I'm liking it more the 2nd time around.