View Single Post
Old 10th July 2019, 04:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Attachment 216733

Pakistan's fist gore film, i didn't know what to expect with this one but i'm always up for an obscure foreign horror film.

Attachment 216737

It's a very interesting and entertaining mix of indian style culture and 70's horror movie tropes, coming across as a mix of elements of Zombie flesh eaters/Texas chainsaw massacre but set in a wood filled with fog that is reminiscent of the style of The Evil dead.
Added to the mix is some cheesy acting, a funky indian style theme tune and it's all topped off with a fair amount of gore.

Attachment 216738

The plot is simple and derivative but if like me you're a fan of goofy 70's low budget horror it's perfectly acceptable, basically some kids head off to a rock concert and get sidetracked ending up in a cursed area.

Attachment 216734

They drive an old camper van in scenes that ape TCM,( run into some random zombies ??? who infect one of the group) a crazy bearded guy who they give a lift to and finally an nuts old woman and a giant burkha wearing creature swinging a whacking great ball with spikes.

Who will survive and will they taste good in a curry?

Attachment 216735

I found this very entertaining, it's pretty well made and atmospheric for a low budget horror, the background music in some places was very 70's experimental and pretty effective, (the stuff used in the zombie scene gave me a Manchester Morgue vibe) and it doesn't outstay it's welcome at a brisk 75 minutes

Distributed by the guys at Mondo Macabro, this is partly written by Pete Tombs and features music by Stephen Thrower.

Also in the set i have is the film "Dracula in Pakistan" that i need to watch at some point. It's a region 2 release and has a spoken English language version as an option, think it may be a Dutch release.

Attachment 216736

A very enjoyable 7.5 / 10

Here's a trailer so you can judge if it's your kind of thing.

The ball with spikes on is called a morning star. Part of the flail family of weapons.