View Single Post
Old 11th July 2019, 10:33 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

220px-La_morte_cammina_con_i_tacchi_alti_poster.jpg

The daughter of a jewel thief who was murdered after a heist has attracted the attention of a creepy stranger with piercing blue eyes a balaclava and a voice box to disguise his voice. At first its just phone calls asking about diamonds but a few nights later the man shows up in Nicoles apartment telling her he will murder her if she doesn't hand over the diamonds her father stole before his untimely death. Nicole rushes to her boyfriend's arms for safety and comfort but she finds piercing blue contact lenses in the bathroom. Nicole flees Paris with an English doctor fearing for her life. All seems fine and dandy they move to a fishing village where Robert has a house looking over the sea where they plan to live get married and buy their own boat. Robert commutes to and from London where his medical practise is and one one such trip Nichole goes missing when he returns and an attempt is made on his life shortly afterward.

Fantastic film more beautiful woman twists and turns and a couple of brutal murders.Luciano Ercoli sure love him some hand to hand combat i don't think i have seen so many men and women get bitch slapped so much in a film every couple of scenes someone is tasting the back of someone's hand. Highly entertaining and engrossing maybe its because im still a giallo novice but i was really kept guessing right until the end for the big reveal. I also have to mention the setting adding that bit more to the atmosphere moving from Paris to London and then to the remote fishing village was a great change of pace especially when it sets it up for that small village strangeness and it really make the pools of suspects that much bigger.

8/10

" I'll drink to your health .... the health of your ASS "