View Single Post
Old 21st July 2019, 06:11 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Curse Of Fenric – Part 1
(Notice - Persons entering this room are notified that Marine Sentries have Orders to examine all passes. A H Millington. The Doctor and Ace open the door and peer in to see a group of WRNS with headphones and typewriters.)
Ace: I didn't know they had personal stereos in 1943.
The Doctor: They're listening to coded German radio messages.
Ace: Oh.
Kathleen: Are you looking for someone?
The Doctor: Ah, er, we're just being nosy.
Kathleen: Well, we're the girls, and I'm Kathleen.
(The Doctor and Ace enter.)
The Doctor: Kathleen.
Kathleen: Hello.
The Doctor: Hello.
Ace: Oh, look, Professor. A baby. (Ace slides a cot out from under Kathleen's desk.) Is it yours?
Kathleen: Yes, and she's a she.
Ace: She's lovely. Can I pick her up?
The Doctor: You've got to excuse her. She's from Perivale.
Kathleen: That's all right. Of course you can.
Ace: Thanks.
Kathleen: Where's Perivale?
Ace: You don't want to know. Oh, now what do I do?
Kathleen: Just put your arm underneath her like that.
Ace: Yeah.
Kathleen: Get her head, and you're fine. You're fine. There we are.
Ace: Oh, Professor, isn't she beautiful? Oh, look at her little finger nails. They're so perfect, and so tiny.
The Doctor: Yes. Every one a heart breaker.
Ace: What's she called?
Kathleen: Audrey. (Ace stiffens.) What's the matter? Don't you like it?
Ace: I hate it. That's my mum's name
The Curse Of Fenric – Part 2
(There is a large number of bombs neatly stacked against the wall, and men in long lab coats working in the background. Millington goes to a containment chamber.)
Millington: A demonstration, Doctor. (One man takes a cage of doves into the chamber while Millington uses the thick rubber gloves sealed to the front glass to pick up a vial of green liquid.) This small capsule contains just a few drops of diluted toxin.
The Doctor: No, don't!
(Millington breaks the vial and gas begins to fill the chamber.)
Millington: Just think what a bomb full could do to a city like Dresden or Moscow.
The Doctor: It's inhuman.
Millington: It could mean the end of the war.
The Doctor: And Whitehall thinks that Moscow is careless enough to let you detonate one of those things inside the Kremlin?
Millington: Oh, that's the beauty of it, Doctor. We won't detonate it. They'll do it themselves. They'll use the machine to decrypt our ciphers, but Doctor Judson has programmed it to self-destruct when it tries to decrypt a particular word. And, once the political climate is appropriate, we will include the word in one of our ciphers.
The Doctor: And the word is?
Millington: What else could it be, Doctor? Love.
The Curse Of Fenric – Part 3
Ace: You know what's going on, don't you?
The Doctor: Yes.
Ace: You always know. You just can't be bothered to tell anyone. It's like it's some kind of game, and only you know the rules. You knew all about that inscription being a computer programme, but you didn't tell me. You know all about that old bottle, and you're not telling me. Am I so stupid?
The Doctor: No, that's not it.
Ace: Why then? I want to know.
The Doctor: Evil. Evil since the dawn of time.
Ace: What do you mean?
The Doctor: Will you stop asking me these questions?
Ace: Tell me!
The Doctor: The dawn of time. The beginning of all beginnings. Two forces only, good and evil. Then chaos. Time is born, matter, space. The universe cries out like a newborn. The forces shatter as the universe explodes outwards. Only echoes remain, and yet somehow, somehow the evil force survives. An intelligence. Pure evil!
Ace: That's Fenric?
The Doctor: No, that's just Millington's name for it. Evil has no name. Trapped inside a flask like a genie in a bottle.
Ace: Can we stop it?
The Doctor: We need to get that flask.
Ace: We can release Captain Sorin to help us. I can distract the guard.
The Doctor: How?
Ace: Professor, I'm not a little girl.
The Curse Of Fenric – Part 4
(Sorin is studying the problem when Ace enters.)
Ace: Fenric would never have guessed the solution, anyway.
Sorin: Tell me, tovarich.
Ace: A brilliant move. The black and white pawns don't fight each other, they join forces.
(Sorin turns and reveals his glowing green eyes.)
Sorin: Thank you, child.
(The Doctor enters.)
The Doctor: Ace!
Sorin: Black wins, Time Lord.
(He knocks over the white king and laughs. Lightning blasts through the roof and sets the board alight.)
Ace: What's happened?
Sorin: The Wolves of Fenric, descendants of the Viking who first buried the flask, all pawns in my game. Doctor Judson, Commander Millington, the Ancient One, Captain Sorin, and now you.
(The Ancient One is behind Ace.)
Ace: Me? You can't! How?
Sorin: The baby. In thirty years, the baby will be grown. She will have a daughter. That daughter will be you. You've just created your own future. (Sorin holds Audrey's photograph in front of Ace.) The baby is your mother. The mother you hate. Kill them, slowly.
Ace: You don't stand a chance. Tell him, Doctor. He's got it wrong.
Sorin: The Time Lord has failed. The Wolves of Fenric have released me.
Ace: The Doctor never fails. I've got faith in him. Complete faith.
Sorin: Kill them.
The Doctor: It can't penetrate Ace's psychic force.
Sorin: Time for the one final game, then. (Sorin picks up a poison vial and holds it near Ace's head.) The choice is yours, Time Lord. I shall kill you anyway, but if you would like the girl to live, kneel before me.
Ace: I believe in you, Professor.
Sorin: Kneel, if you want the girl to live!
The Doctor: Kill her.
Sorin: The Time Lord finally understands.
The Doctor: Do you think I didn't know? The chess set in Lady Peinforte's study? I knew.
Sorin: Earlier than that, Time Lord. Before Cybermen, ever since Ice World, where you first met the girl.
The Doctor: I knew. I knew she carried the evil inside her. Do you think I'd have chosen a social misfit if I hadn't known? She couldn't even pass her chemistry exams at school, and yet she manages to create a time storm in her bedroom. I saw your hand in it from the very beginning.
Ace: Doctor, no.
The Doctor: She's an emotional cripple. I wouldn't waste my time on her, unless I had to use her somehow.
Ace: No!
(Ace falls to her knees.)
Sorin: Kill them. (The haemovore picks the payload of one of the bombs and walks towards Sorin, who backs away.) Kill them, do you hear me? (It backs Sorin into the containment chamber.) No! No. I command you! (The haemovore follows Sorin in and shuts the door behind them.) No! No! No! No.
(The Ancient One drops the payload, breaking the vials and filling the chamber with the deadly gas. They both die.)
The Doctor: Come on. It's over.
Ace: Leave me alone!
The Doctor: We've got to get out of here!
(The Doctor pulls Ace to her feet and pushes her outside.)
Ace: Leave me alone!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty