View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2019, 06:31 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Survival – Part 1
Harvey: It's the law of the jungle now, mate, innit?
Len: Hmm. There are these two blokes, right? In a tent, in the jungle.
Harvey: You got another one for me, ain't you? Go on, then, go on.
Len: It's really dark, and they hear this terrible noise outside the tent. This terrible roaring noise. And one bloke turns to the other bloke and he says, do you hear that?
Harvey: What?
Len: I said, did you hear that?
Harvey: Oh, right, yeah.
Len: That was a lion. (The Doctor starts to pay attention to the anecdote.) And the other bloke, he doesn't say anything. He just starts putting on his running shoes. And the other bloke turns to him and says, what are you doing? You can't outrun a lion. The bloke turns to him and says, I don't have to outrun the lion.
Harvey: (feeble laugh) Don't get it.
Doctor: He doesn't have to outrun the lion, only his friend. Then the lion catches up with his friend and eats him. The strong survive, the weak are killed. The law of the jungle.
Harvey: Oh yeah. Very clever.
Doctor: Yes, very clever, if you don't mind losing your friend. But what happens when the next lion turns up?
(The cat is watching the Doctor.)
Len: What next lion?
(The black cat burst out from behind the shelf of cat food and runs out of the shop.)
Doctor: I think you'd better get your running shoes on, gentlemen.
Survival – Part 2
Paterson: Got to stick together, lads. That's the way. Stealth, that's what's needed here. Stealth and surprise. You follow me and I'll get us through this. I'm a hunting animal. I've got instinct for it.
Doctor: Oh, do shut up. This planet's disintegrating. According to my calculations, the safest place at the moment is over there.
(A volcano range beyond the Cheetah people.)
Derek: Yeah, but what about them?
Doctor: We have to make our way through.
Paterson: This disintegration, you think we're going to blow up?
Doctor: Well, it is an old planet, a bit frayed at the edges. We'll be safe over there. Safe from the Cheetahs, and the Master.
Ace: Master? Who's he?
Doctor: An evil genius. One of my oldest and deadliest of enemies.
Ace: Do you know any nice people? You know, ordinary people, not power-crazed nutters trying to take over the galaxy?
Doctor: I don't think he's trying to take over the galaxy this time.
Ace: So what's all this in aid of?
Doctor: He's got some mind-link. The cats, the kitlings.
Ace: And they find things for the Cheetah People to eat.
Doctor: Yeah.
Survival – Part 3
Doctor: Mine, I believe. (He takes back his hat and umbrella.) Thank you.
Ace: Where have they gone?
Doctor: They've been taken back to the wilderness. The place is different but the hunt goes on. You know all about the hunt, don't you, Ace?
Ace: I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet and just run forever.
Doctor: The planet's gone, but lives on inside you. It always will.
Ace: Good. And the Master?
Doctor: Who knows? Where to now, Ace?
Ace: Home.
Doctor: Home?
Ace: The Tardis.
Doctor: Yes, the Tardis.

The Doctor [OC]: There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty