View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2019, 06:34 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes

INTERMISSION
Spin-Offs, Charity Episodes, One Night Stand Returns

K-9 And Company: A Girl's Best Friend
Lilly: Absent-minded, was she, your aunty?
Sarah-Jane: I don't think so. Well, not really.
Lilly: A lot of clever people are, I've found. Say they're going to do a think and then forget about it completely. Too much going on in here. (She touches her forehead.) You're clever too, I hear. Work for a newspaper.
Sarah-Jane: I did.
Lilly: Your aunty would write to the Standard, letters and that.
Sarah-Jane: Yes?
Lilly: Upset some people.
Sarah-Jane: Did she? Why?
Lilly: Wrote about witchcraft.
Sarah-Jane: Witchcraft?
Lilly: They're a bit sensitive about that round here. It's traditional, you see. A lot of people hereabouts still believe that the black art makes the crops grow.
Sarah-Jane: The black art?
Lilly: Well, that's what your aunty called it. Upset a lot of people.
Sarah-Jane: Are you saying it's still going on?
Lilly: What?
Sarah-Jane: The black art.
Lilly: Oh, no. All that stopped years and years ago. But that doesn't stop people believing in it. Country people. Do you want more tea?
Sarah-Jane: No, thank you, Mrs Gregson.

Dimensions In Time – Part 1
Doctor 4: Mayday, mayday. This is an urgent message for all the Doctors. It's vitally important that you listen to me for once. Our whole existence is being threatened by a renegade Time Lord known only as the Rani. She hates me. She even hates children. Two of my earlier selves have already been snared in her vicious trap. The grumpy one and the flautist too. She wants to put us out of action. Lock us away in a dreary backwater of London' East End. Trapped in a time-loop in perpetuity and her evil is all around us. I can hear the heart beat of a killer. She's out there somewhere. We must be on our guard and we must stop her before she destroys all of our other selves. Oh (in pain) ... Good luck, my dears.
Dimensions In Time – Part 2
The Rani: You can't escape, Doctor. Say "goodbye", Doctors. You're all going on a long journey. A very long journey.
Doctor 5: The Rani. I take back what I said about an ingenious operator being behind these time jumps.
Peri: What's going on, Doctor?
The Rani: Who else could master such a difficult operation. (She gestures for the aliens to enter the Queen Vic.) Back to my TARDIS!
(Doctor 5 puts his hands to his temples and concentrates.)
Nyssa: What are you doing?
The Rani: Why bother trying to summon up you remaining selves? I've weakened you.
(She turns to leave. With a flash, the Doctor reverts to his THIRD self accompanied by Liz SHAW. The The Rani raises her gun.)
Doctor 3: I've got a few tricks up my sleeve yet, madam. It's time for you to start losing.
The Rani: You, Earth female, come here.
(Liz moves forwards).
Doctor 3: No Liz, you mustn't.
Liz: Leave this to me. I'll take my chances.
(Liz runs towards the Rani and they struggle with the gun. The THIRD Doctor appears to be concentrating on some mental feat. Mandy Slater joins the fray and pulls Liz away from the Rani.)
Mandy: What are you doing? Leave her alone.
(The Rani turns her gun towards Mandy and the Eastender runs away. Mike Yates enters, driving BESSIE.)
Yates: Doctor, come on. Quickly!
(The Doctor climbs into Bessie. Mike shoots the Rani's weapon from her hands. She rushes into the Queen Vic pub.)
Doctor 3: Mike, thank you very much. Get me to the TARDIS as quick as possible.
The Curse Of Fatal Death
Emma: Doctor, will you stop showing off. You've got something to tell the Master. Just tell him.
Doctor: Very well. I recently calculated that I have saved every planet in the known universe a minimum number of twenty seven times. But you know, I have grown weary of all the evil in the cosmos. All the cruelty, all the suffering, all those endless gravel quarries. And so I have decided to retire, settle down and get married.
The Master: What?
Doctor: Yes. Without even knowing I was looking, I have found a woman to love. A woman more fascinating than all my travels through time and space. A girl more exciting than an escape up a ventilation shaft. A lover more thrilling than an army of cybernetic slugs.
(The Doctor and Emma kiss.)
The Master: Sadly, Doctor, I am unable to wish you a long and happy marriage, because the moment I am done with this nauseating conversation

The Master: He was the best and bravest of all my foes. From this day forward I will renounce evil and follow the path of goodness to honour my fallen foe.
Dalek: The Doctor saved the Daleks. The Daleks too will honour their mortal enemy.
Emma: He was never cruel and never cowardly, and it'll never be safe to be scared again.
(The Master leads Emma away. Behind them, the Doctor regenerates.)
The Master: It's impossible! Beyond all known laws of the universe.
Emma: Maybe even the universe can't bear to be without the Doctor.
Doctor Who: The Movie
Grace: You have two hearts. Who are you?
Doctor: I was dead too long this time. The anaesthetic almost destroyed the regenerative process.
Grace: Yeah, right. I'm going to get a syringe. I'm going to take some blood. I want to know what's going on here.
Doctor: No, no, no, no, Grace, Grace, Grace, Grace. Don't you see? I have thirteen lives.
Grace: Please! Okay, you're trying to tell me that you've come back from the dead.
Doctor: Yes.
Grace: No, sorry. The dead stay dead. You can't turn back time.
Doctor: Yes, you can.
(A clock strikes the part hour.)
Grace: I'm not a child. Don't talk to me like I'm a child. Only children believe that crap. I am a doctor.
Doctor: But it was a childish dream that made you a doctor. You dreamt you could hold back death. Isn't that true? Don't be sad, Grace. You'll do great things.
…............................................... ....
Grace: Maybe you're the result of some weird genetic experiment.
Doctor: I don't think so.
Grace: Well, you have no recollection of family.
Doctor: No. No, no, no, no. Wait, wait. I remember I'm with my father, lying back in the grass. It's a warm Gallifreyan night.
Grace: Gallifreyan?
Doctor: Gallifrey! Yes, this must be where I live. Now, where is that?
Grace: I've never heard of it. What do you remember?
Doctor: A meteor storm. The sky above us was dancing with lights. Purple, green and brilliant yellow! Yes!
Grace: What?
Doctor: These shoes! They fit perfectly. Yes.
…............................................... .....

[The Doctor steals an obnoxious policeman's gun and points it at his own chest]
The Doctor: Now would you stand aside before I shoot myself?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty