View Single Post
Old 9th September 2019, 06:18 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Doctor's Daughter
Donna: What the hell's it doing?
The Doctor: The control's not working. (He gets thrown about and gets a look at the jar at the base of the time rotor.) I don't know where we're going, but my old hand's very excited about it.
Donna: I thought that was just some freaky alien thing. You telling me it's yours?
The Doctor: Well.
Martha: It got cut off. He grew a new one.
Donna: You are completely impossible.
The Doctor: Not impossible. Just a bit unlikely.

The Doctor: What on earth? That's just
(A pair of glass and metal doors open and a figure steps out from the steam of the brightly lit interior. She is a skinny blonde woman in combat boots and trousers, and a khaki t-shirt.)
Cline: Arm yourself.
(He hands the newcomer a rifle.)
Martha: Where did she come from?
The Doctor: From me.
Donna: From you?. How? Who is she?
(The woman checks the rifle is ready for use.)
The Doctor: Well, she's, well, she's my daughter.
Jenny: Hello, Dad.
Cline: You primed to take orders? Ready to fight?
Jenny: Instant mental download of all strategic and military protocols, sir. Generation five thousand soldier primed and in peak physical health. Oh, I'm ready.
(She takes her place with Cline and the other soldiers at a barricade.)
Donna: Did you say daughter?
The Doctor: Mmm. Technically.
Martha: Technically how?
The Doctor: Progenation. Reproduction from a single organism. Means one parent is biological mother and father. You take a sample of diploid cells, split them into haploids, then recombine them in a different arrangement and grow. Very quickly, apparently.

Cobb: Tell them to prepare to move out. We'll progenate new soldiers on the morning shift, then we march. Once we reach the Temple, peace will be restored at long last.
The Doctor: Er, call me old-fashioned, but if you really wanted peace, couldn't you just stop fighting?
Cobb: Only when we have the Source. It'll give us the power to erase every stinking Hath from the face of this planet.
The Doctor: Hang on, hang on. A second ago it was peace in our time. Now you're talking about genocide.
Cobb: For us, that means the same thing.
The Doctor: Then you need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there, and the caption will read, over my dead body.

The Doctor: What, what are you, what are you, what are you staring at?
Jenny: You keep insisting you're not a soldier, but look at you, drawing up strategies like a proper general.
The Doctor: No, no. I'm trying to stop the fighting.
Jenny: Isn't every soldier?
The Doctor: Well, I suppose, but that's, that's. Technically, I haven't got time for this. Donna, give me your phone. Time for an upgrade.
Jenny: And now you've got a weapon.
The Doctor: It's not a weapon.
Jenny: But you're using it to fight back. I'm going to learn so much from you. You are such a soldier.
The Doctor: Donna, will you tell her?
Donna: Oh, you are speechless. I'm loving this. You keep on, Jenny.

The Doctor: Jenny was the reason for the Tardis bringing us here. It just got here too soon, which then created Jenny in the first place. Paradox. An endless paradox. Time to go home?
Martha: Yeah. Home.
Donna: Are you sure about this?
Martha: Yeah, positive. I can't do this any more. You'll be the same one day.
Donna: Not me. Never. How could I ever go back to normal life after seeing all this? I'm going to travel with that man for ever.
Martha: Good luck.
Donna: And you.
(The Doctor walks on with Martha.)
The Doctor: We're making a habit of this.
Martha: Yeah. And you'd think it'd get easier. All those things you've been ready to die for. I thought for a moment there you'd finally found something worth living for.
The Doctor: Oh there's always something worth living for, Martha.
(They hug.)
Martha: Bye, Doctor.
The Doctor: Goodbye. Doctor Jones.

Jenny: Hello, boys.
Cline: The shuttle. Jenny? What're you doing? Come back.
Jenny: Sorry. Can't stop. What you going to do? Tell my dad?
Cline: But where are you going?
Jenny: Oh, I've got the whole universe. (The shuttle takes off into the sky.) Planets to save, civilisations to rescue, creatures to defeat, and an awful lot of running to do.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty