View Single Post
Old 14th September 2019, 02:24 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)

Generally i think Part VII is one of the lesser entries in the series, meaning it's one of the ones i watch least of all, but seeing it for the first time in a few years last night was quite refreshing.

The actual plot of the telekinetic girl, Tina, as ably played by Lar Park Lincoln i remembered clearly, and her struggles with her psychiatrist. Dr. Crews bring a new dimension to the series rather than simply just having Jason Vorhees slash and kill unhappy campers at notorious Camp Crystal Lake.

In fact it's the slashing parts of the film that let it down overall. Even if it sports the comical but original sleeping bag / tree death that was used again in Freddy Vs Jason some 15 years later. Jason himself looks great and Kane Hodder in his first performance as the undead killer owns the role, but it's the kill sequences themselves that are hacked to bits by the censor in order to avoid the dreaded X rating in America that spoil the film. It's a shame as Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood is actually not a bad and largely original entry in the series.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41pDTpQyt4L.jpg (30.6 KB, 5 views)