View Single Post
Old 20th September 2019, 05:41 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Waters Of Mars
Adelaide: State your name, rank, and intention.
The Doctor: The Doctor. Doctor. Fun.

Adelaide: What's that device?
The Doctor: Screwdriver.
Adelaide: Are you the Doctor or the janitor?
The Doctor: I don't know. Sounds like me. The maintenance man of the universe.

Adelaide: And close down all water supplies. All pipes and outlets. Don't consume anything. Have you got that, everyone? That's an order. Don't drink the water. Don't even touch it. Not one drop.
The Doctor: Can you talk? Human beings are sixty percent water, which makes them the perfect host.
Adelaide: What for?
The Doctor: I don't know. I never will. Because I've got to go. Whatever's started here, I can't see it to the end. I can't. (Andy and Tarak start gushing water at the airlock seals.) This thing's airtight, yeah?
Adelaide: And therefore watertight.
The Doctor: It depends how clever the water is.

Adelaide: You saved us.
The Doctor: Just think though. Your daughter, and your daughter's daughter, you can see them again. Family reunion.
Adelaide: But I'm supposed to be dead.
The Doctor: Not any more.
Adelaide: But Susie, my granddaughter. The person she's supposed to become might never exist now.
The Doctor: Nah! Captain Adelaide can inspire her face to face. Different details, but the story's the same.
Adelaide: You can't know that. And if my family changes, the whole of history could change. The future of the human race. No-one should have that much power.
The Doctor: Tough.
Adelaide: You should have left us there.
The Doctor: Adelaide, I've done this sort of thing before. In small ways, saved some little people, but never someone as important as you. Oh, I'm good.
Adelaide: Little people? What, like Mia and Yuri? Who decides they're so unimportant? You?
The Doctor: For a long time now, I thought I was just a survivor, but I'm not. I'm the winner. That's who I am. The Time Lord Victorious.
Adelaide: And there's no one to stop you.
The Doctor: No.
Adelaide: This is wrong, Doctor. I don't care who you are. The Time Lord Victorious is wrong.
The Doctor: That's for me to decide. Now, you'd better get home. Oh, it's all locked up. You've been away. Still, that's easy. (He points his sonic screwdriver at the front door, and it opens.) All yours.
Adelaide: Is there nothing you can't do?
The Doctor: Not any more.
(Adelaide goes inside, drawing her gun and closing the door. Then we hear the shot and see the energy blast light up the window. The Doctor turns around and in his head, he watches the history record change her place of death from Mars to Earth. Susie Fontana Brooke still goes into space, though.)
Adelaide [OC]: I don't care who you are. The Time Lord Victorious is wrong.
(The Doctor turns to see an Ood looking at him.)
The Doctor: I've gone too far. Is this it? My death? Is it time?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty