View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2019, 05:45 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The End Of Time [Part 2]
The Master: Tell me, where's your Tardis?
The Doctor: You could be so wonderful.
The Master: Where is it?
The Doctor: You're a genius. You're stone cold brilliant, you are. I swear, you really are. But you could be so much more. You could be beautiful. With a mind like that, we could travel the stars. It would be my honour. Because you don't need to own the universe, just see it. To have the privilege of seeing the whole of time and space. That's ownership enough.
The Master: Would it stop, then? The noise in my head?
The Doctor: I can help.
The Master: I don't know what I'd be without that noise.
The Doctor: I wonder what I'd be, without you.
The Master: Yeah.

The Doctor: I'm older than you.
Wilf: Get away.
The Doctor: I'm nine hundred and six.
Wilf: What, really, though?
The Doctor: Yeah.
Wilf: Nine hundred years. We must look like insects to you.
The Doctor: I think you look like giants.
Wilf: Listen, I, I want you to have this. I've kept it all this time, and I thought
(Wilf offers his revolver to the Doctor.)
The Doctor: No.
Wilf: No, but if you take it, you could
The Doctor: No. You had that gun in the mansion. You could have shot the Master there and then.
Wilf: Too scared, I suppose.
The Doctor: I'd be proud.
Wilf: Of what?
The Doctor: If you were my dad.
Wilf: Oh, come on, don't start. But you said, you were told he will knock four times and then you die. Well, that's him, isn't it? The Master. That noise in his head? The Master is going to kill you.
Wilf: Then kill him first.
The Doctor: And that's how the Master started. It's not like I'm an innocent. I've taken lives. I got worse. I got clever. Manipulated people into taking their own. Sometimes I think a Time Lord lives too long. I can't. I just can't.
Wilf: If the Master dies, what happens to all the people?
The Doctor: I don't know.
Wilf: Doctor, what happens?
The Doctor: The template snaps.
Wilf: What, they go back to being human? They're alive, and human. Then don't you dare, sir. Don't you dare put him before them. Now you take this. That's an order, Doctor. Take the gun. You take the gun and save your life. And please don't die. You're the most wonderful man and I don't want you to die.
The Doctor: Never.

Wilf: They gone, then? Yeah, good-o. If you could let me out?
Wilf: Only, this thing seems to be making a bit of a noise.
The Doctor: The Master left the Nuclear Bolt running. It's gone into overload.
Wilf: And that's bad, is it?
The Doctor: No, because all the excess radiation gets vented inside there. Vinvocci glass contains it. All five hundred thousand rads, about to flood that thing.
Wilf: Oh. Well, you'd better let me out, then.
The Doctor: Except it's gone critical. Touch one control and it floods. Even this would set it off.
(The sonic screwdriver.)
Wilf: I'm sorry.
The Doctor: Sure.
Wilf: Look, just leave me.
The Doctor: Okay, right then, I will. Because you had to go in there, didn't you? You had to go and get stuck, oh yes. Because that's who you are, Wilfred. You were always this. Waiting for me all this time.
Wilf: No really, just leave me. I'm an old man, Doctor. I've had my time.
The Doctor: Well, exactly. Look at you. Not remotely important. But me? I could do so much more. So much more! But this is what I get. My reward. And it's not fair! Oh. Oh. I've lived too long.
Wilf: No. No, no, please, please don't. No, don't! Please don't! Please!
The Doctor: Wilfred, it's my honour. Better be quick. Three, two, one.
(The Doctor quickly goes into the open booth and unlocks Wilf's side. Wilf runs out and red light floods the Doctor's booth. It hurts a lot. The Doctor curls up into a ball. Then the power shuts down. After a few moments, the Doctor gets up.)
Wilf: What? Hello.
The Doctor: Hi.
Wilf: Still with us?
The Doctor: The system's dead. I absorbed it all. Whole thing's kaput. Oh. Now it opens, yeah.
(The Doctor comes out of the booth.)
Wilf: Well, there we are, then. Safe and sound. Mind you, you're in hell of a state. You've got some battle scars there. (The Doctor rubs his face and the cuts vanish.) But they've. Your face. How did you do that?
The Doctor: It's started.

The Doctor: I don't want to go. (The golden energy regenerates David Tennant, and starts a lot of fires in the Tardis. He turns into a gangly hyperactive drink of water with a long fringe of hair dangling over one eye. Well, I suppose at least Matt Smith does look slightly alien.) Legs. I've still got legs. Good. Arms. Hands. Ooo, fingers. Lots of fingers. Ears, yes. Eyes, two. Nose, I've had worse. Chin, blimey. Hair. I'm a girl! No. No. I'm not a girl. And still not ginger. And something else. Something important. I'm, I'm, I'm (Bang!) Ha! Crashing! (The Tardis is plummeting back down to Earth.) Ha, ha! Whoo hoo hoo! Ah! Geronimo!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty