View Single Post
Old 25th September 2019, 09:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Things I have watched recently:

Thirteen Reasons Why – I thought the first season was brilliant: thought-provoking, powerful, and timely. The second season isn't quite as good, but is also very well written and plausibly acted. I can't say much about the third season because I've only seen two episodes.

Bob's Burgers – a rewatch and it's a show which can be seen at any time, but I've seen the first two seasons again and have started on the third. It's funny and perfect for winding down with a drink late one evening.

American Horror Story: Apocalypse – it's not the newest season because one is currently being broadcast, but it's the one that begins with nuclear Armageddon. I thought the first couple of episodes were great but it went down slightly after that, but the way it cycled back and introduced elements from previous seasons has made me want to go back and rewatch every previous season. If you are going to watch this, I recommend watching Coven beforehand; I wish I had.

Disenchantment – I very much like the first season and this is 'part 2' and I wish I had watched the first 10 episodes again prior to watching the most recent ones. However, it's good TV, not great like the high points of The Simpsons or Futurama, but something which has a really well thought out narrative arc and endearing characters.