View Single Post
Old 14th October 2019, 03:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I also rewatched the first two episodes of The Owl Service. A wonderfully odd eight part series based on the Alan Garner novel for children.

It's as Wyrd Britain as you can get and it's mind boggling that this was actually a children's tv series in the winter of 1969/70.

Dealing with Celtic myth and possession as well as featuring an offbeat sort of love triangle between two teenage boys and a similarly aged girl. I've no idea what sort of sexual awakening teens had watching this back in the day, but seeing 24 year old Gillian Hills (Hammer's Demons of the Mind) pretending to be a 16 year old wandering round throughout episode one wearing only a red shirt then a red bikini in the majority of part two or Francis Wallis in part two wearing the tightest, shortest shorts he could possibly find, must have made interesting viewing for many.

Again this is highly recommended for those who love to delve into the ancient and Wyrd.
Loved this one Might have a re-watch soon, but will probably be November/December now. I'd quite like an Owl Dinner Service too.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky