View Single Post
Old 14th October 2019, 05:16 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

31 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 13

fractured-netflix-review.jpg

***********************DISCLAIMER***************** *******
I was away from home last night so i had to improvise and i saw this on Netflix more of a Psychological Thriller but enough horror to qualify.

Ray his wife Joanne and his 6 year old daughter Peri are on their way to visit Joanne's family for thanksgiving. This is not a happy road trip Rays marriage is on the rocks and his wife doesn't seem to be too interested in fixing it no matter what Ray tries to do or say. Along the way little Peri's batteries run low in her discman and they pull in to the first rest stop they find. Peri and Joanne head to the bathroom while Ray heads inside to get drinks and batteries when he returns Peri has left something in the bathroom and Joanne heads back in a Ray searches the car just incase. While the search goes on Peri wanders off and comes face to face with a blood covered dog backing away and calling her father she falls down a hole closely followed by her panicked father they both hit the ground hard and when Ray wakes up his wife is already on scene in a frenzy . Peri seems ok just a possible broken arm so they take her to a hospital where things start getting strange. After many arguments with his wife medical staff and doctors Peri gets seen and they are more concerned with any possible head injury so she is taken for a cat scan. Ray heads to the waiting and falls asleep when he wakes up hours later he is confused that he has not been called after his daughter has her scan and he heads to receptions to be informed that his family were never in the hospital. No one is willing to help and Ray must take it upon himself to get answers.

Fractured started off great it has an eerie vibe to it and especially the hospital just feels off their is no doubt something odd is going on. But as the film progresses a lot of the decisions get more and more stupid and cliched. The acting is solid and the situation is terrifying and the it was hard to predict the ending i had a few ideas going around in my head but i was never fully convinced of which way it would go.

Overall it was interesting but as i said a few stupid cliched moments spoiled it for me.

6/10