View Single Post
Old 14th October 2019, 07:55 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 14

51o5ZO8RMYL.jpg

A group of archaeologists are investigating and ancient Mayan site when the awaken a blob creature under a volcano. They manage to destroy it but they want to know more about the creature so they keep a sample of it for further research. One of their team that was attacked by the monster starts to go crazy and want to kill the rest of the archaeologists. While all this is going on they discover that a comet is passing close to the earth the exact same comet that passed when the Mayans mysteriously disappears. Was it the blob creature that wiped out the Mayans are they just grasping at straws trying to explain this madness?

The sets look beautiful at the beginning with the smoking volcano looming over the jungle and the massive statues that litter the skyline unfortunately this is short lived when we go back to the city and its all labs hospitals and observatories. To give it that true B movie feel i had to go with the english dubbing and was i disappointed ? Hell no i wasn't it made it even better with over dramatic dialogue and random things just shouted in the background when everyone is panicking for maximum effect this is how to watch it I loved the special effects when the blob monster is attacking yes its obvious the monster is wrecking a doll house but its still a practical effect so that's a win. There are plenty of explosions and fire and some great underwater scenes and most importantly we get to see tons of the monster nothing is hidden when its busting down doors trying to climb laters eating people and multiplying and that's exactly what you want from a monster movie.

7/10