View Single Post
Old 21st November 2019, 08:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bad Dreams 1988

A lone survivor of a cult suicide awakes after a 13 year coma in a psychiatry unit, only for those around her to start dying in mysterious circumstances.

I never had much high hopes for this film after seeing the trailer, it was like another American religious cult spouting the end of the world and do what Jim Jones did, except we shall burn etc...i was wrong this was failry decent ghost story with a twist.

Richard Lynch stars as the cult leader Harris who baptises new girl Cynthia and proclaims they well be together forever, His menacing persona and turns up in different areas looking for people to take in Cynthia's place. Jennifer Rubin (A.N.M.O.E.S. part 3: dream warriors) Plays the older Cynthia who is slowly talking about what happened and trying to save people. Bruce Abbot (Re-animator) plays the psychiatrist trying to help her remember and prove she may be suffering multiple personalities. Harris Yulin plays the chief doctor who may have ideas of his own with the patients.

Andrew Fleming (The Craft) done a decent job with his directorial debut, he manages to keep everything going with a steady pace and kept things simple when there is flashback sequences that are not confusing and other patients dealing with different mental health issues. There is a small splatter of blood that seems to be kept low (maybe due to budget reasons) and nice make up done for the Harris character, defo say this is one to watch.