View Single Post
Old 24th November 2019, 05:33 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Girl Who Died
Clara: Why are you staring?
The Doctor: I don't know. Nothing, probably. Too much time travel, it happens.
Clara: What happens?
The Doctor: People talk about premonition as if it's something strange. It's not. It's just remembering in the wrong direction.

The Doctor: (Leading sword practice among the Vikings) So, when I say 'move' you move! When I say 'jump' you say, 'How high?' Unless there's, of course, a gap of some kind, which of course means you jump horizontally. (A tall Viking raises his hand) Yes, what is it, Lofty?
Lofty: Sir, my name's not actually Lofty. It's...
The Doctor: No, it's not. It's 'Lofty' - I've got too much to think about without everybody having their own names, so it's 'Lofty.' (points to him) You're 'Lofty.' (points to a Viking with long hair) You're Daphne, (points to a Viking with an oversized helmet) you're Noggin-the-Nog, (points to a bald Viking with a long beard) ZZ Top, (points to one with braids) and you're, uh, Heidi. So, we'll try that again. Lofty, what is it?
Lofty: Sorry, sir, it's just, why aren't we practising with real swords?
The Doctor: Yes, perhaps you'd like to field this one, Limpy?
(A stocky man sitting is tying a bandage around his knee.)
Limpy: Because we can't be trusted with them.
The Doctor: That's right, yes. You'll be given your real swords back when you can prove that you can wave them around without lopping bits off yourselves. Heidi, why are your eyes closed?
Heidi: Sorry, sir. Just not that good with the sight of blood.
(He gestures towards Limpy.)
The Doctor: No of course you're not.

Clara: How's it coming?
The Doctor: Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something.

Clara: Okay, it's official. Silence is even worse in a Scottish accent. Are you going to tell me what you're brooding about?
The Doctor: It won't stop, the repair kit I put inside Ashildr, not ever. It'll just keep fixing her.
Clara: Well, good.
The Doctor: I'm not sure, but it's entirely possible she has lost the ability to die.
Clara: The ability?
The Doctor: Oh, dying is an ability, believe me. Barring accidents, she may now be functionally immortal.
(He unlocks the Tardis.)
Clara: If the repair kit never stops working, then why did you give her two?
The Doctor: Immortality isn't living forever. That's not what it feels like. Immortality is everybody else dying. She might meet someone she can't bear to lose. That happens, I believe.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty