View Single Post
Old 27th November 2019, 03:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Nice reply, Susan.

I'm happy for them or would be if i was a fan, for them to still use The Who name.

I don't want 'our' bands to disappear. I think it's quite sad really.

I'd even be pleased if Mickey and Phil got say, Biff Byford or Dee Snider in to sing some unreleased songs written by Lemmy and called themselves Motorhead. I'd know the circumstances and fully understand the hows and whys and if it brought more coffers into the band and Lemmy's estate then that's no problem for me as i have a choice of buying or not buying as i do with every release.

I find it a little frustrating that Thin Lizzy's latest incarnation featuring several former members and singer Ricky Warwick decided to change their name from Thin Lizzy to Black Star Riders for recording purposes. It's the same people making the same music but the name change means they pay smaller venues and sell a smaller amount of records than if they were called Thin Lizzy, when especially live, they play the same songs as they would with Lizzy anyway.

I don't know, perhaps it's complicated in a lawsuit sort of way as Thin Lizzy do play live but it's a different line up to BSR's which is odd. Their last tour featured Troy Sanders from Mastodon and Priest's Scott Travis on drums.