View Single Post
Old 9th December 2019, 06:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Picked up a Once Upon A Time In Hollywood blu-ray from my local supermarket. Just went with a 1080p version as despite having a 4K player, I'm only picking up occasional 4K UHDs of my favorite films.

I'd probably think differently if there wasn't a massive 10 pounds difference between the regular blu-ray and the 4K UHD. After staff discount and nectar points, it was just six pounds which is pretty cool. Haven't seen it yet and my wife and I will watch this very afternoon.

I've also recently bought second hand bds of Tron, Cabin In The Woods and the Evil Dead remake. I wasn't too impressed with those two horror films first time around but figured that I'd give them another viewing. I enjoyed them more second time around.

Cabin In The Woods particularly disappointed me when I first saw it as expectations were extremely high due to a cover quote describing it as a 'game changer' (it's just an entertaining tongue-in-cheek popcorn horror imo).

I bought Tron since I dearly love the Tron Legacy sequel and thought that because of that, I really should also own the original movie. Pleasingly I can actually watch this one with the Mrs (she had absolutely no interest in revisiting those two horrors and I had to watch them whilst she was at work!).

btw Watched A Christmas Story last Thursday. My American wife loves that film! (I can take or leave it).
Is Once Upon A Time worth the blu purchase? Ie: anything extra the dvd doesnt have?

Thanks