View Single Post
Old 21st December 2019, 08:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I don't know how true it is but supposedly no theatrical versions was one the stipulations Lucas wanted when deal was made with Disney.
Yeah, some sort of deal was made. Earlier this year was a double bill screening of ROGUE ONE and STAR WARS. In a rare move Lucas allowed an original 70mm theatrical cut of STAR WARS to be shown! This is the first time the original version of the movie has been seen on the big screen since the Special Editions took over 1997.
All that bullsh*t Lucasfilm gave us about original prints being destroyed or permanently altered!
What annoys me as well is when magazine articles have pages devoted to STAR WARS original release or an anniversary and they include photos from the Special Edition versions.
When I saw STAR WARS and THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK on the big screen at the Royal Albert Hall they were of course the newest versions of the Special Editions. The new footage looked bloody awful and embarrassing and the colour on EMPIRE still has the blue tint which looks so strange on the Hoth scenes.
It's sad to think that generations of new fans have never seen the original versions and would they be bothered anyway?