View Single Post
Old 25th December 2019, 05:51 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
It Takes You Away
Graham: Not hungry, are you? Cos these days I always carry a cheese and pickle sarnie, you know, just for emergencies.
Ryan: You carry sandwiches with you every time you leave the Tardis?
Graham: Yes, well, I've learned the hard way, ain't I? I mean, we can go a long time without eating and I get a bit cranky with the old low blood sugar level. Now, I always come prepared.

The Doctor: All right, no need to panic.
Yasmin: I wasn't panicking.
The Doctor: I know, I was talking to myself. Cos all this is very wrong. Right, what do we know? This mirror is a direct portal between two worlds. We went into it in the real world. We came out of it in this world. But that antizone sprung up in the middle, splitting the portal in two.
Yasmin: The buffer zone between the two worlds.
The Doctor: Exactly, cos antizones only exist where the fabric of the universe is under huge, terrible threat. Oh. So that means that one must be to stop this world and your world from ever touching. Wait, but that means that this world is dangerous. But how can it be dangerous? Also, what even has the power to create a copy world like this? Unless... Oh, no actual way!
Yasmin: No actual way, what?
The Doctor: I've told you about the Solitract, right?
Yasmin: Literally never heard the word before. Solitract?
The Doctor: Solitract! It's a theory, a myth, a bedtime story my gran used to tell me.
Yasmin: You had a grandmother?
The Doctor: I had seven, but Granny Five, my favourite, used to tell me about the Solitrac

The Doctor: I need to get this open and get Graham and Erik out of here. Oh, it won't budge! It must be controlled by the Solitract. Oh, and I can't force it with the sonic like before, because it's clever and it's adapting.
Yasmin: What if you do something it hasn't dealt with before, like reverse the polarity or something?
(Hurrah! The return of an old favourite)
The Doctor: Yasmin Khan, you speak my language.

Ryan: All right?
Graham: All right.
Ryan: Yaz said you saw Nan in there.
Graham: Yeah. I thought, maybe... But it wasn't her. Not really.
Ryan: Must hurt.
Graham: Yeah.
Ryan: I miss her, too. All the time. But at least we've got each other, eh? Grandad.
Graham: What did you just call me?
Ryan: Why, you going deaf in your old age? Come on. Tardis.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty