View Single Post
Old 1st January 2020, 08:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Silent Night, Deadly Night. A young boy traumatised by Christmas-related events grows up to become a spree killer dressed as Santa Claus. I've heard of this mid 80s horror before, but not seen it until now. The first half is actually quite an intriguing and effective buildup, but the moment he snaps the film just becomes a not very scary slasher that gets sillier and sillier and ends up thoroughly mediocre. Black Christmas need not be afraid.
Ok, snap! Really love this one for how basic it is & after watching black christmas earlier, thought I'd give it a spin, then go through the extras on the scream factory release.......

So the first commentary is terrible, so i gave up. They debate if black christmas was the first killer santa movie.....???? Then they get corrected & admit that they haven't seen the film. After that they decide that a Tales from the Darkside had done killer santa already (pretty sure that was tales from the crypt), THEN i gave up!!!!!

Looked at the thing on the controversy of the film in america & its just a bunch of on screen quotes from newspapers at the time....

3rd time the charm, trying the 45 min doc, better, much better!