View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2020, 07:44 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

1_7kFSk_tqwEWNx-HJpo4vpg.jpg

I came home from training a night last year and my girlfriend was watching season 1 of this she was a few episodes in and i first said why are you watching this stupid shit couple of episodes later i was hooked

We watched season 2 over a couple of night it really is a great show its vulgar its funny the setting is beautiful and the acting is really great. Behind all the teen angst and sometimes juvenile sex talk there is a real hard hitting story of love awkward teenage years confusion and trying to find yourself in a fragile stage of your growing. The show also deals with the pressures of teens coming out and those who have been abandoned by their parents and the problems of living with a parent with addictions while trying to deal with the normal confusions of that time of your life. I think two things draw me firstly i really connected to something in each character making me sympathetic to their situations and in turn getting me more invested in their progression and growth. Secondly this is not a preachy show that glamorises anything it just shows how it is both the good and the bad sides of it.

I like to be treated like an adult when i watch a show or film and not force fed an agenda .

I dont think its fir everyone but i loved it

8/10 both seasons.