View Single Post
Old 26th January 2020, 09:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

I've just started getting into these. I've tried a couple of times over the years, but couldn't seem to do it, but I've always wanted to. I've always thought they should be my cup of tea, given their influence on Who and my love for classic Who and The Avengers and so forth.

Anyhow this time around it seems to be working. Am mainly concentrating on the Dracula series so far. Loved the original Dracula and really liked Prince of Darkness and Taste the Blood of... What really sparked me off, amusingly enough, was a rather unpopular one - Satanic Rites of Dracula. Really awful full-screen VHS one-of-50-movies DVD rip, but I loved it anyway and am going to fork out for the Blu ray when I get paid. Haven't seen (but have got) Brides of Dracula and Scars of Dracula, and will have to get AD72 as well.

I have seen Frankenstein Created Woman, which was just okay. Not bad, well made and acted, but nothing spectacular, but I understand it's seen as a middling entry anyway.

Anyone got any other recommendations? With modern pop culture being a cup of cold sick to me, I'm rather enjoying finding something 'new' that's to my taste. Will have to check out the Amicus ones too (when I can afford it).