View Single Post
Old 12th February 2020, 08:21 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part ★★★★

Quote:
It’s been five years since everything was awesome and the citizens are facing a huge new threat: LEGO DUPLO® invaders from outer space, wrecking everything faster than they can rebuild.
Just as the first LEGO movie was a pleasant surprise, so too was this sequel, a lively, witty, and smart film with verbal and sight gags for the whole family.

It has dazzling visuals thanks to the animation and creative world building, giving the film additional humour, style, and energy. The all-star voice cast once again make the characters interesting and funny.

Given how the first film ended, I wasn't sure how the sequel would work, but it shows what a great screenplay Phil Lord and Christopher Miller produce, and what is your direction came from Mike Mitchell that the team have made something even more ambitious and amusing. That said, I don't think it is as inventive or as fun as the first film, but I was disappointed and sad to read that Warner Brothers have let the rights to the LEGO franchise expire, probably meaning there will not be a third instalment.

I streamed this and Now TV and enjoyed it enough to put the 4K Ultra HD release on my wish list and will buy it when money and space allows.