View Single Post
Old 14th February 2020, 04:51 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Obviously you like the feminist Bond. Some women enjoyed Bond's strong masculinity in his character, that came across in quite a few films. Today, there's no place for a strong archetypal character like James Bond. These films are aimed more at the younger demographic, who will be more accepting of it's inclusive messaging. It's sad to think that all of these great franchises have been burnt to the ground, including Star Wars. It's more about changing society now, than actually entertaining people. I don't need to be lectured by these studios or writers as to how I should view myself or others. If I want that, I'll go and join a political party. They seem to promote this crap constantly. If you like it Nosferatu, then good for you.
I think it's more about ticket sales than anything political, so a screenplay which is likely to lead to a film which appeals to a wide audience is going to be much more appealing to a studio than one which would have an audience almost exclusively of middle-aged and elderly men wishing they were watching something very similar to Never Say Never Again or The Living Daylights.

I guess that most people who go to the cinema are entertained as I was when I saw Little Women, 1917, The Personal History of David Copperfield, or anything else in recent months. If the trailer is in the to go by, I'll enjoy No Time To Die and hope you do too.