View Single Post
Old 14th February 2020, 06:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I think it's more about ticket sales than anything political, so a screenplay which is likely to lead to a film which appeals to a wide audience is going to be much more appealing to a studio than one which would have an audience almost exclusively of middle-aged and elderly men wishing they were watching something very similar to Never Say Never Again or The Living Daylights.

I guess that most people who go to the cinema are entertained as I was when I saw Little Women, 1917, The Personal History of David Copperfield, or anything else in recent months. If the trailer is in the to go by, I'll enjoy No Time To Die and hope you do too.
WHAT!!!
Do you honestly think that Disney gives a fig about how it's shifest Star Wars Trilogy does in terms of ticket sales? They couldn't really give a shit. All these major corporations have multi-billions in revenue, and have plenty of room for pushing a political agenda. It really doesn't matter if you lose a couple of million here or there. What matters is that the message(s) are heard and those who are receptive to it take it on board. Warner Media, Comcast etc don't really care what people think. You just enjoy being given your spoon fed gunk of whatever it is they want you to digest. I certainly won't be giving Comcast my hard earned cash when the Bond film comes out in April. Instead I'll stay at home and watch Goldeneye. Bond with REAL BALLS sunshine.