View Single Post
Old 19th February 2020, 10:11 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
See, this is what I don't get. This idea that you can't tell something is terrible unless you've sat through every last moment of it. I sat through ten seasons of New Who, more than enough to come to the conclusion that it just isn't the same show anymore and I'm never going to like it as much as the original series. I watched the first ten minutes of The Woman Who Lived, enough to see that Whittaker was nails down a blackboard irritating. I've read enough plot descriptions and reviews to tell this is not my show anymore, and seen enough clips and bits of trailers to see she has not improved one iota and was utterly miscast even if the idea of genderbending Time Lords wasn't a massive joke to begin with (which it always was).
I don't have to watch 95% of modern movies to know they're not for me either. Trailers and plot descriptions are more than enough to make that call.
When Russell T. Davies and Steven Moffat won't discuss the current state of Dr Who, then what does that tell you. A wall of silence seems to be the order of the day. When they announced Chris Chibnall as showrunner, that was a clear indication that Dr Who was well and truly over. Under the BBC's guidance and support, the show has become a lecture in how not to present the viewing public with direct and open propaganda that's actually turned masses of viewers off, and this is what I don't get. Back in 1989, the BBC was only too willing to destroy Dr Who. In 2020, the BBC commissions a further season of Parody Who, when vertually no one is watching the show with extremely low ratings that actually mirror the ratings of the final series of Slyvestor McCoy's era. It just goes to show that the BBC's diversity and Inclusion strategy, coupled with continual brainwashing of the viewers hasn't ultimately worked, except for those that watch Parody Who for sake of it being similar to Dr Who, in all but name + enjoy the social change messages in the stories (if you can call them stories). But there we go.

Last edited by hivemind; 19th February 2020 at 10:24 AM.