View Single Post
Old 28th February 2020, 11:08 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Blood Runs Cold (2011)

A Swedish slasher film which I suppose beneath the surface is fairly generic with it's masked killer stalking the inhabitants of a remote (large) cabin in the woods but i really like it.

It's competently acted by it's youthful unknown cast and the harsh wintry setting gives the film a great atmosphere. For a feature debut it's an accomplished work from director Sonny Laguna. It's not rushed and the direction is assured. The characters are given time to breathe and when they aren't breathing it's because they've come to a gruesome demise (all practical effects) courtesy of a cool looking masked figure.

We never know who or what the killer is, he's certainly different to most as he doesn't exactly bleed when attacked and his methods are interesting as he appears more dedicated to 'dealing' with his kills rather than randomly going after the next person in the room.

For a modern day slasher i find this really refreshing and would recommend it to those who like a bit of character with their slaying.