View Single Post
Old 8th March 2020, 10:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
I'm genuinely surprised by you Demdike.

The revelation that the Doctor was female turned out to be true, didn't it. William Hartnell replaced by a black baby. I've got nothing against black people you understand, but where does that place Dr Who? Hartnell was the first, but Chibnall delivers the blow by pushing for a re-think. A re-think that was to have far reaching consequences for the shows set legacy Even you turned your nose up at the very thought of the Doctor's origin being female. You seem to blow in so many directions like a weather vane on an exceptionally windy day. The origins of the Doctor matters to Dr Who. The mystery of who Doctor was or is, is an important and mysterious element of great significance. When the mystery is unravelled, then you have nothing but an empty show. A show that you seem only to happy to support, but don't complain down the road when Dr Parody gets cancelled, and blame it on people like me or iank etc.... Don't get me wrong, I still love classic who, and I enjoy some of the not so Nu Who, but when you break the spell, and destroy the magic behind the character, then you have a show that's no longer Doctor Who. 57 years of Doctor Who destroyed by the very corporation that produced this fine show in 1963. I'm looking forward to The Faceless Ones too, but under the surface, there's a bad taste. A taste of bitter disapointment. The origins of Who have been ripped apart to service an agenda to suit the BBC, rather than promote the shows strengths and stunning legacy through time and space.
I simply choose to ignore the Timeless Child bollocks. It's not difficult.

I haven't had the same sort of attachment to the show since the end of Capaldi's first series. I loathed much of his second series and found three quarters of his third series dull.

I genuinely don't care what they do with it in the next series, i'll watch it and either like it or i won't, that will be my prerogative. Whatever happens good or bad won't taint my love of what's gone before.

I don't particularly see Whitaker as a parody just a direction i don't particularly endorse but it is a direction that's easily ret-conned if a new show runner so decides.