View Single Post
Old 26th March 2020, 01:06 PM
Active Cultist

De Palma Overdose

de palma.jpg

* De Palma (Documentary)

Interesting little documentary around 1h40m where De Palma guides us into is movies, touch the surface on most of them, doesn't go into much detail, leaves his anti-war message in the middle, and speaks about his big influence Hitchcock, honestly I thought giallos were a big influence on him too, but he never mention.

* Body Double

After watching the doc, I realized that I had a couple of movies I never watched from him - Body Double is a classic thriller from the 80's with a de Palma touch, it's not brilliant, its predictable - but for some reason the thrillers in the 80's are so cheesy and good to watch.

* Passion

Was interesting to see the difference between the Body Double & Passion - if his name was not attached to the movie, I will thought could be anyone making it, it's a boring movie, with boring characters, could be much better but the casting is miserable Rachel McAdams it's a too nice, to play villain, and Noomi Rapace in my personal opinion, she doesn't have any acting skills, her face looks always a wooden board.. not recommend at all.