View Single Post
Old 5th April 2020, 07:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Escape From The Bronx. 1983

A corporation tries to kill the last inhabitants of The Bronx in order to build their own high rise building. Street gang leader Trash, a bombmaker and his son and a activist try to stop them.

The third installment of Castellari warrior movies, this one seemed to have influenced Robocop 3, a heavy corporation going through a area for clearing and make way for their plans, instead of Robocop we get street tough guy Trash (Mark Gregory returns from the first movie). Ennio Girolami stars as the Corp president, with Paolo Marco as his second in command and Henry Silva as the sadistic leader of the clearing up.

This one seemed to start off slow then builds up again, I wouldn't take it seriously as some of the fights seem comedic aswell the timing of the gun battles, I'm sure one guy got shot saw the camera and thought that's my que and tried to put some style in dying. Paolo Malco seen in some Fulci movies doesn't seem out of place as the vice president and can never get bored of Henry Silva as the bad guy.

52114-escape-from-the-bronx-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg