View Single Post
Old 7th April 2020, 05:06 PM
Cult Addict

Been playing a lot on my PS4 the last couple of weeks to keep the boredom and existential panic at bay.

Firstly this -

header.jpg

I've always been up for the idea of a proper Vampire game and really enjoyed this, the vampire is a doctor so you are healing people one minute and the next
using them for food.

I enjoyed the story with it's old London setting and gothic atmosphere, got quite attached to some of the characters and only fed on the local shitbags who pissed me off.

The background of the influenza outbreak felt a bit close to home at the moment at first, but you are seeking a cure, so i got over that aspect.

I enjoyed it.

Next -

518dVyqOtOL._AC_.jpg

I really like these game for a bit of strategic action, but it's pretty impossible to win first playthrough as there is so much choice in how you develop your team.

Some scenarios are total and utter bastards.

I enjoyed it but was defeated, will restart in a few weeks with better knowledge of what to research and equip.

But at the moment can't face it no more.

Finally thought i'd give this a go not expecting much.

fe6837e1bdeb0e8de7e1db7f2b6ca8c9a9451c67.jpg

I enjoyed this as well and was smiling throughout as i first played.
The setting and characters all seem based on the films and the details in the design and soundtrack overcame some game glitches and bugs, at least for me anyway.

It doesn't really amount to much as there's no story, just killing sprees where you are Jason or a hapless victim.

I'd heard it was online only, but now they have an offline option, you can only play as Jason though, it's a bit clunky but i looked up some online suggestions and guides about game controls so now i'm a full on killing machine.

The kills are fun and often based on film scenes.

And the Alice Cooper song from part 6 plays over the retro end credits.

It's a basic pick up and play game, but i've been really enjoying myself with it.

6ab62696-b28e-4282-88fa-e8575e7f6789_Fridaythe13th_2.jpg

I always saw the films on Vhs as they came out but was never a massive fan, i enjoyed them but saw them as just basic formulaic horror lite, the 4th is my favourite by far.

I decided to order the blu ray set on the back of this and re-evaluate them, also to compare the game characters and setting with the films as i play.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.