View Single Post
Old 27th April 2020, 08:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Puss in Boots (2011) ★★★★

A highly enjoyable and energetic comedy-adventure with the feline star of the Shrek films and an assortment of fairytale friends, all superbly voiced by the all-star cast.

Godzilla (2014) ★★★★

I know the film's detractors don't like it because the titular creature has relatively little screen time when compared to other Godzilla films, but I like the way Gareth Edwards holds back on revealing the 'monster', establishing the characters, the MUTO, the Monarch organisation and, through the various readouts, Gojira.

Once he makes his appearance, the fight between Godzilla and the MUTO is visually and audibly impressive, and you have enough emotional investment in the characters to make it engaging.

With this unit direction, excellent performances from the cast led by Ken Watanabe, Sally Hawkins, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and superb CGI, this is a very good movie.
Regarding Godzilla, I found the trailer for it rather deceptive. It made it look like it was Godzilla that was doing all the wrecking. Half way through the film I was wondering, where was Godzilla?