View Single Post
Old 27th June 2020, 09:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
License To Kill. 1989.

After capturing a drug lord who later escaped custody, Felix Leiter is tortured while his new wife is killed, Bond goes rogue seeking those responsible and teams up with a friend of Felix for revenge.

Dalton's second and last outing as Bond due to problems with MGM and his contract had expired making way for a new actor for the role, if i remember this one got a bit more hype (i was only 8 when this was released) as it was rated 15 and my sister got me the soundtrack on LP.

Robert Davi plays the sadistic drug lord Sanchez who is doing business with Chinese Triad and have investment in his big drug deal scheme with China a Panema network and controls his power and girlfriend Lupe played by Talisa Soto. Carey Lowell plays pilot and C.I.A. agent Pam Bouvier who has her own agenda for going after Sanchez.

This does have some more action than the other Bond films and has somewhat a lot of tense moments as well and some quirky moments and usual Bond humour and some good driving with a truck and trailer. i forgot that Benicio Del Toro was in this as henchman Dario and David Hedison returns as Felix, with a small role from Everett McGill.

Attachment 225684

[after a gunfight with henchmen]
Felix Leiter: [to Bond] Hey, observer! You trying to get yourself killed?
James Bond: If I don't get you back in time for the wedding, I'm a dead man for sure!
That 15 certificate was certainly interesting, with 1990 being a completely different time back then, I do wonder if it was intentional (Not sure if the 12 Certificate was available)