View Single Post
Old 28th June 2020, 12:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Die Another Day. 2002.

After he is betrayed and captured in North Korea, James Bond is traded for Zao who was captured by MI6. As he is put back in the field, he tries to find the connection between Zao and a diamond mogul Gustav Graves.

This one does start of promising that slowly went south, Bond being captured and the titles show with him in the background being tortured as the credits role was very smart planning to do and then his release, with Micheal Madsen commenting that he looks like a hero with Robinson smiling on. Aside from O.H.M.S.S. and this film we see Bond's office only through a training montage that he does and see some of the old equipment that was used over the years(40 years of Bond anniversary momentum)

Bond goes to Havana about "Gene Therapy"clinic and is seduced by Jinx played by Halle Berry who does the "Ursula Andress" out of the water in a bikini wearing a knife...i though the sea in Havana were safe??? Who keeps her NSA identity a secret. Toby Stephens plays diamond mogul and environment enthusiast Gustav graves who he may not appear as to who he really is. Rosamund Pike plays his assistant and as MI6 agent who seems quite the English girl who doesn't quite hop into bed with everyone, can just see Bond standing in a bar thinking "yeah well see about that, hold my drink someone"

I really wanted to like this one as Pierce seemed to warm into the role over the previous films and with Halle Berry may make some have a wiggle in their shorts, but it seemed there was CGI effects used that ruined it, what happened to using the "Green Screen" effects, the producers did issue an apology about the use of the effects. My apologies to everyone if you like this and i'm giving it a bashing i did have high hopes for this one when i first saw it back in 2002 wasn't daft on it and still not fond of it.

die-another-day-lead-850x600.jpg

Miranda Frost: I'll show you your room.
James Bond: A palace of ice; you must feel right at home.