View Single Post
Old 28th June 2020, 08:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quantum of Solace. 2008.

James Bond embarks on a mystery as he tries to stop a organisation from eliminating a country's valuable resource.

From the Pre-Credits opening scene which lasted 4 and half minutes (shortest one to date...i think) all i can say is i'm glad i don't suffer motion sickness (only watched this once) i forgot how it started. To me this was a mess it seemed all over the place. M played by Judi Dench has had more screen time than any other actor playing the part. Gemma Arterton seems way out of place as embassy clerk Fields who IMO was probably added to be another girl for Bond to bed with and meets the same fate as a previous girl instead she was plastered in oil. Olga Kurylenko plays Camille who seems determined to get revenge for her family and helps Bond to try find answers he wants and in return he helps her.

Mathieu Amalric plays Dominic Greene who has everyone in his pocket really doesn't fit the persona of a bad guy i don't know if it's me or he seems to wimpish. Giancarlo Gianni returns as Mathis who seems to have a tender moment with Bond which was a nice touch will admit. Jefferey Wright also make a appearance as Leiter but felt the role was wasted for the actor and first appearance for Tanner played by Rory Kinnear who is a bit more serious than Michael Kitchen was in the Brosnan era. Again my apologies if you like it and i'm bashing it, personally i think this was the weakest Bond movie out of the franchise.

MV5BMTY5Njg4MTUzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzM1MDk5Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Mathis: You can't sleep?
Bartender on Virgin Flight: May I fix you a drink, Sir?
Mathis: What are you drinking?
James Bond: I don't know. What am I drinking?
Bartender on Virgin Flight: Three measures of Gordon's Gin, One of Vodka, Half a measure of Kina...
Mathis: Kina Lillet.
Bartender on Virgin Flight: Kina Lillet, which is not Vermouth. Shaken well until it is ice cold and served with a large, thin slice of lemon peel. Six of them.
Mathis: That's impressive.
James Bond: They're good. You should have one.