View Single Post
Old 13th July 2020, 08:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 226098

War is hell but sometimes the real hell is what you left behind.

A group of friends return home from Nam trying to fit back into society but its not as easy as that its hard to get into the run of things the brotherhood is no longer there and it can be lonely when only your army family has your back and there is no one else you can trust. The friends go their separate way but they are eventually brought back together when one of them is murdered by a street gang to whom he refused to pay protection money left devastated by the death his father reaches out for help and his army buddies drop everything to come and get revenge.

A mixed bag of bad acting and cheesy action The Annihilators is entertaining to a degree i would of preferred a little more action i like the characters and the look at how hard some people find it to adjust after coming home from war. In its set up it was very much Death Wish 3 but lacked the excitement and violence for the amount of torture the gang put the people through i wanted satisfying revenge but it never really reached that level most of the kills were boring but i still found it entertaining to watch. Im not sure i would watch it again anytime soon but still one im happy to own.

6/10
I liked the machine gun fire noise on the opening credits.