View Single Post
Old 13th July 2020, 10:22 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

the-crazies-1973-poster.jpg

In a small town a mysterious virus breaks out killing or driving those who contract it insane. Needless to say the townspeople are terrified and in total panic which is made much worse when the military show up and start closing off the whole town. The virus turns out to be a man made military virus that has leaked into the water. They must act fast before the town is wiped out or even worse it gets into other nearby towns and cities spreading throughout the whole country.

Maybe it's with the state of the world right now but i found this more haunting and down beat than the last time i watched it maybe back when i first saw it i expected it to be more run of the mill horror gore and so on but thats one of the few good things of getting older you understand films more and your more open minded.It's such a brilliantly made film it feels so gritty and you never feel that things are going to be ok just more doom and gloom in is on the way. There are no light moments just misery piled on top of misery as the situation desperate.

8/10