View Single Post
Old 21st July 2020, 08:11 PM
Active Cultist

Well i agree with you that they're most likely Sony titles and they did hint at Double Team before.
Aside from those others, Sony also have Legionnaire and Desert Heat.
They've pretty much released all of his dtv stuff in uk but i can't remember/was bothered to keep track of what.

of those Steven suggested I think Maximum Risk is of the most interest from a special features point of view. I didn't like the film but I know that there is a rough cut out there before sony took it away from Ringo Lam and while it's apparently not a patch on full contact/on fire films it's still vastly superior to the theatrical cut. So hoping 88 were able to get hold of that.

The Order did get a special edition release elsewhere, i cant remember which country so hoping if they got this they transfer special features over, if not the director Sheldon Lettich will almost be guaranteed to want to contribute.

If Legionnaire there's is an old audio commentary by Sheldon (co-wrote the screenplay) but again i'm sure he would want to discuss the film more (i know he hated director peter macdonald).

If Desert Heat i would be interested in what went on in regards to PM Entertainment's involvement. Heard that the company had infested all their money into it but they werent able to sell it as a theatrical film in the states and for as much as they wanted, that it convinced the founders of the company to sell up rather than try to compete with other indies. Would like to know more if that's the case.

Either way i'm certainly excited about the prospects of van damme line up (and nicely surprised at how many others seem to be)