View Single Post
Old 1st August 2020, 02:39 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Books Vs The Movies

Nothing new here but I’d like to get everyone’s opinion on this.
Do you prefer the book to the movie, or vice versa? If so,then which?
As far as I’m concerned, it can go either way. And obviously depending on if you prefer to sit down and watch a flick or your preference is to chill reading a book is usually gonna be the decider.
I’ve always thought that the book is considered in comparison to be like the ultimate extended cut of the DVD. For obvious reasons the novel is going to be longer and more detailed, but is this always a good thing? It could be you don’t like the authors style of writing or the directors vision or technique of film making.
When you think about it there’s a lot to consider. So what’s your thoughts about particular titles?

I’ll start [emoji6]
The Exorcist. In this case I preferred the book. As I said above this book like many is the extended version of the film and is far superior. But I actually found the movie scarier. Maybe it’s to do with the fact I watched the movie before reading the novel that this is the case. I’ll stop here before this initial post gets too long winded. Do what’s your thoughts on either this title or any other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk