View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2020, 03:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post
Well I think this will go one of two ways for Arrow.

1. Within 10 yrs Arrow will become the only physical media label with all new releases coming out as arrow editions. I'm sure HMV wont survive Covid, but in my local branch the arrow section is already as big as all the other blu ray sections combined.

Or 2. Obscure titles, recent mainstream releases and indy pickups sees fans alienated, sales plummeting and the label folds.

Which will it be? It's going to be kind of like Highlander-there can be only one. 88,101,indicator etc are all going to have to metaphorically chop each others heads off until there can be only one.

What do you think? Or have I gone mad?
Only the labels know how many buyers are left in the market and what the balance sheet is and their projections for the future. I doubt the collector market will suddenly implode but it might be a long slow lingering death rattle. Whilst overall sales of physical media are down I think the collector market has probably grown over the last few years but I doubt the growth is sustainable. I think we have at least another 5 years, possibly 10. By that time I think I'll have enough to keep me happy till my deathbed