View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2020, 08:58 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Three John Carpenter 4K UHD's arrived today. UK copies of Prince of Darkness and They Live (HMV) and the US Christine (UK ebay seller). Had a sneak peek and they look excellent, can't wait to properly watch them.

Pleasingly the standard accompanying blu-ray of Christine works in a region b player (I know it's a bit odd but I like having decent back-up 1080p copies of any UHD that I own). My prior bd copy was the old Twilight Time version.

I've previously bought UK UHD's of Halloween and Escape From New York and a German UHD of The Fog so this means that my Carpenter 4K UHD collection is currently complete. Apparently Universal are releasing The Thing on this format towards the end of the year and I'll be buying that day one.

btw I wish Dario Argento was as well represented in 2160p, all that's available there is Suspiria so far. Courtesy of Blue Underground, there will soon be three Lucio Fulci films on 4K format so it would be nice to see some more Argento releases.
Is it only the Studio Canal version of 'Fog' that's questionable? I want to upgrade my Carpenter collection too, but I was put off by some of the reviews...