Thread: I.D (1995)
View Single Post
Old 4th August 2020, 03:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLaGore View Post
Scrolling through Netflix the other week,as you do, not knowing if your efforts are going to end futile,and your free time ends up wasted on the pursuit of actually trying to find something to watch,and this little gem popped up. I thought I’d revisit it as had fond memories. But something has been niggling at me, this film states it was released in 1995. Now although I feel old,I’m actually 38 and something does not sit quite right with me. It feels as if this film is far older than 1995. In wondered at first if Netflix had inserted the wrong date of release but after a quick google search I was proved wrong. I’d of guessed after it’s viewing,it was mid 80’s at least. Is it me,or am I missing something, or just being stupid? Was it made much earlier and never been released until 1995? I know the film was set in the 80’s but this film screams old hat as far as BBC production values, and that god awful blue title screen on the opening credits.
Again, is there something I’m missing here? Please put me out of misery. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is from IMDB
There is much debate about this issue amongst fans of the film, with many saying they remember it being filmed in 1989, and others swearing that they remember it being filmed in 1994!

There are, however, two pieces of evidence which clarify that the film was definitely filmed in 1994, and released in 1995.

Firstly, the copyright information at the end of the credits read "Copyright Parallax Pictures Ltd/Metropolis Filmproduktion MCMXCIV."

Secondly, during a scene early in the film, the Shadwell film encounter a group of Arsenal fans, several of whom are wearing the Arsenal home jersey from the 1990/1991 season. This shirt would only have gone on sale during the late summer of 1990; so the film could not possibly have been shot prior to 1990, meaning that of the two dates, the IMDb is correct. Presumably the DVD simply contains a misprint.