View Single Post
Old 28th August 2020, 10:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Planet Of The Apes. 1968.

A astronaut crew slip through a time barrier and crash land on a planet in the future where apes are the leaders and the humans are enslaved.

Both this film and 2001: A Space Odyssey seem to be the year box office films were released and held a audience in captivation, 52 years later and both films have still captivating this generation of film goers with special effects from the start and make up process.

Charlton Heston plays Taylor a survivor of the crew and leader who is treated like a prisoner and test subject to Zira (Kim Hunter) until she realises he can communicate and Cornelius (Roddy McDowell) has his doubts but is slowly warming up to Taylor, Dr. Zaius (Maurice Evans) believes man to be a threat and is seen as a bully but is afraid as well.

The first time i saw this i was amazed by the great acting involved with the actors portraying the apes on how they walked and acted like apes and the make up by John Chambers who was the creative designer and brilliant cinematography Leon Shamroy and excellent background score by Jerry Goldsmith.

42488947_303.jpg