View Single Post
Old 7th September 2020, 08:11 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
No worries, just don’t ask if such a film any good because I’ll just watch it and give a fake review to either make you watch a shitty film or put you off watching a decent film

I watched rest of the film I don’t know why I just wasn’t feeling it, but saying that it was a good and decent film that makes a refreshing change from all the same old same old that being churned out for the past few yrs or so, and it also ties in with what happening in the world these days with all the fake news and shows how if you’ve got the know how you can manipulate people etc and the problems it can cause eg .....Here a snippet from Wikipedia on the page about the film

Whilst fictional, the film does relate to ongoing real-life situations such as the use of social media to psychologically manipulate users and navigate public opinion through fake news. It is a representation of how online-propelled hatred can lead to severe consequences and real-life casualties. Three weeks after the filming was completed, Paweł Adamowicz, city mayor of Gdańsk and a liberal politician frequently targeted by online haters, was stabbed to death during a live broadcast charity event.

If these are the Consequences of fake news and hatred its actually quite frightening tbh.

Also the film is classed as a sequel to the directors previous film in 2011 suicide room .

Ps just spotted this HBO to make a series based on the film the hater,
https://www.filmneweurope.com/news/p...-komasa-s-film
That is exactly why I enjoyed the movie so much, on nowadays with all this fake news non sense & etc it's crazy - I have Suicide Room on my list already, and didn't know about the tv show, thanks for the heads up