View Single Post
Old 15th September 2020, 01:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The discless version of the Xbox is hideous, white with that big black circle grill on the side It's a LOT cheaper though, so if you're happy going downloaded games only it's a good option, will be interested to see if Sony match that kind of discount for the their disc free offering.

Personally I think I'll be grabbing a PS5 with the UHD disc. I was hoping for something more in the region of £400 but I guess everything is expensive these days!
I'm expecting the ps5 to be nearer 500 with the faster and custom built SSD it has ( which 820 and not 1tb) and the fancy controller rumours say the discless version will only be £50 cheaper as specs are suppose to be the same as the disc version. Let's be honest sony can't take the sort of hit Microsoft can by selling the console cheap

So leaning towards the series s for 249 as most people still don't have 4K tvs ( hell 80% off pc gamers still play 1080) and with Game pass don't need to buy many games till they go on sale as lots of games on it and all there new exclusive will be on it day one.

Pick up a ps5 in a couple of years when it's cheaper and lots of exclusives out.

Think the series S is a smart move on Microsoft's part. Could easily give them a leg up on sales for the first year of so.

The again could be wrong

https://www.gamesradar.com/ps5-cost-...-of-ps5-event/

£369 digital version
£460 with disc

Granted the digital version is still 120 more expensive than the s but it's a lot more poweful

But we should know for certain tomorrow

Last edited by trebor8273; 15th September 2020 at 02:18 PM.