View Single Post
Old 16th September 2020, 10:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The Queen

Film about the Royal Family's reaction to Princess Diana's Death. Helen Mirren, Michael Sheen and James Cromwell star.

Not usually a fan of this sort of thing but I really thoroughly enjoyed this, Mirren is amazing, Sheen is brilliant (Love him in Prodigal Son BTW) but Cromwell steals the show especially the lines regarding people sleeping in the streets mourning someone they haven't met and they say we're mad. Mind you there were some good funny lines.

Can't help thinking that they had a point regarding some of the OTT reactions from the general public though.

No Retreat, No Surrender 2: Raging Thunder

Sequel in name only, where Loren Avedon travels to Thailand where he's accused of murdering his abducted fiancée's family. He flees, hooks up with his friend and Cynthia Rothrock and they travel to Cambodia where they go up against a Russian Army Unit led by a maniacal Matthias Hues. Really enjoyed this, it's not going to win any major Action or Writing Awards but it delivers in Action and some really violent scenes as well.

Can't help wondering whether EIV pulled a VIPCO and took a film called Raging Thunder and added the No Retreat, No Surrender title for name value.

EIV were one of my favorite VHS Distributers in the 80's and 90's

Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves

Story telling the story of Robin Hood and his battle against The Sheriff Of Nottingham. Kevin Costner plays Hood well, Morgan Freeman has a under-rated role with some funny lines but it's Alan Rickman as The Sheriff Of Nottingham who is the star of the show an absolute master class of acting. Not sure if his scenes and lines were written before or after he agreed to star in this. He made it so effortless.

I believe that this is the best Live Action Robin Hood film also a 10 year old me at The Cinema was quite surprised at the hand chopping scene at the beginning. I actually thought you saw it in great detail but it appeared that my eyes deceived me on that one lol. You certainly don't see that in PG Films.

Bill & Ted Face The Music

Utter crap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tq.jpg (10.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg nrnsrt.jpg (16.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg rhpot.jpg (13.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg batftm.jpg (12.4 KB, 2 views)