View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2020, 02:29 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default October 1st.

Halloween: Resurrection (2002)

It's clear i enjoy this movie more than most because i always seem to kick off October / Halloween Fest with it.

Yes it's flawed but it's obvious now that i really don't care and still have a lot of fun with it.

One thing i did notice last night was Michael's first kill when he returns to the Myers house. It's taken direct from Michael Powell's Peeping Tom as Michael picks up a movie camera on a tripod and we get the same first person camera work as the 1960 classic as Michael moves in on his prey before plunging the tripod through the victim's throat.

Looks like that full moon last night influenced me after all.

Late Phases (2014)

I'm always surprised at how good Late Phases actually is. It's premise of a werewolf attacking the residents of a senior citizens village, i have to admit, doesn't sound exactly exciting. However a sharp script held together by a superb performance from Nick Damici as retired army veteran Ambrose McKinley really engages my full attention.

Added to the fact that McKinley is also blind and you have an almost impossible situation. How can a blind old man defeat a werewolf?

Late Phases is one of the best werewolf movies from recent years and boasts excellent creature effects, a credible story and enough intrigue, humour, action and excitement to keep even the most jaded horror fan gripped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Halloween_Resurrection_Theatrical_Poster_2002.jpg (16.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg LatePhases_Poster.jpg (89.7 KB, 2 views)